Thursday, July 12, 2018

Chicago Marathon and 4.9 CA 125!

4.9! Mom had a checkup with Dr. Porubcin yesterday and her CA 125 is still below any levels of concern! It's a good feeling. Each time she has a check up, you never know what the results will be until you hear it. It's a nice relief and we can go on enjoying the rest of the summer.

Last night mom sang in the Geneseo Community Choir event (all 2 hours of it!) and I was very proud of her and happy that she was able to participate. This weekend we are going to a house tour in Geneseo on Saturday and then we have a McCann reunion in August so there are plenty of things to do!

I decided to run the Bank of America Chicago Marathon again this year on the American Cancer Society DetermiNation Team! Last year was my first on the team and I had such a good time that I want to do it again for a number of reasons - but mostly to help raise awareness for those who are fighting cancer and to raise funds for the American Cancer Society. They do a lot of good work and I'm happy to be an advocate.

Cancer is tough, and I admire each and every person who has had to battle with cancer. That's what I kept thinking as I ran those 26.2 miles at the Chicago Marathon - if my mom and cousin Heather and cousin Demara (and many friends) can go through chemo, then I can run 26.2 miles.

I have a page set up for donations! Please help me reach my goal with the American Cancer Society >>

No comments:

Post a Comment