Wednesday, September 2, 2015

DAY TWO of September Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month

Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month Day Two Message: Be happy when you get good news!

I forgot to mention that mom had a follow up with Dr. Porubcin last week and in my mind it was all good. Her CA125 count went down quite a bit (to the mid 50s) and everything else in her blood work looked on target.

She still needs to gain some weight and I don't know how I can make that happen without going out to her house every night and dragging her to Culver's. With that strategy both of us will be packing on the LB's!

Dr. Porubcin was a little skeptical of the CA 125 count so he ordered up a scan and had her re-do her blood work again. It will be a few days before we see what that CA 125 count will be.

For now I'm going to take the good news/outcome in stride and start thinking about an Arizona visit (time to see Aunt Ruth) in January. I think some traveling will do her some good!

No comments:

Post a Comment