Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Chemo postponed

Mom and her new wig. 
Mom had her blood work done yesterday (routine; always done the day before chemo treatment) and it looks like her white cell count is too low to have a treatment today.

This is the first time that her white cell count has been low. She was scheduled to get a Neulasta shot after this treatment (to prevent her white cell count from dipping) but since the treatment is postponed she will have to wait until next week. Not a big deal but just inconvenient.

Hopefully she can have her chemo treatment next week. Monday they will do another blood test and then go from there.

The good news is that we can go shopping this weekend since the Red Mill Garden in Atkinson is having their open house. The crummy news is that she may not feel very well next week and she will have to play Thanksgiving by ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment