Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Running AGAINST Cancer

This Saturday I'm going to be at the Race for the Cure in Peoria again in honor of my cousin Laurie who is a one-year breast cancer survivor. Her story is one that makes a great campaign for early detection. She found it and got it taken care of right away. Our family formed team McCann Strong to raise money for the cause >>

I will also be running in the Race for the Cure in the Quad Cities coming up on June 11 for one of my best friends daughter, Lindsay, who was just diagnosed a couple of weeks ago with a rare form of aggressive breast cancer. She is only 26 and it is heartbreaking. Read about Lindsay's Journey >>

On June 18 I will be running in the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition Illinois Chapter Break the Silence on Ovarian Cancer 5K with my cousin Heather, an ovarian cancer survivor who is still in the midst of battling her disease. She is fighting hard and that is inspirational to me.

It's ironic that on Mother's Day this year is World Ovarian Cancer day and my mom is a 5 year ovarian cancer survivor. I am running for her as well.

I know I can't take away the pains of cancer, but I can raise money and run to raise money so why not? My two cousins, mom and friends daughter are fighting a battle that I hope I never have to fight myself, and if it takes more money to fund causes, research and medical expenses, then that's why I run. If they are strong enough to fight cancer then I am strong enough to run for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment